Thursday 12 November 2015

Stitch Gathering 2015 - MEGA PINNIE

One of the classes I took at the Stitch Gathering was learning to make the MEGA PINNIE!

It's a large pin cushion designed by Sheila Donnachie which can hold various notions and help to keep your work station neat (or in my case neater).

There was some pre-sewing to do and I finally found a use for my first EPP hexagon.


I achieved a PB at the Stitch Gathering this year by actually finishing something I'd learned to make! I was glad I did the quilting of the panels in advance as I would not have had enough time to do everything in the class.

Here's how it came together:





It now has pride of place on my sewing table and stores everything I need to hand - mainly scissors, the rotary cutter and, best of all, thousands of pins! 

2 comments:

  1. I adore my mega pinnie! Yours is fab love the hexies on top

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore my mega pinnie! Yours is fab love the hexies on top

    ReplyDelete