I used this pattern from the Moda Bake Shop. In hind sight, I could have saved on fabric by reading the pattern through to the end before cutting, as the pattern uses charms but I was cutting from yardage.
I quilted it using straight lines along the zig zags.
I used a spool of thread from a box of old bobbins my Mum gave me last year (therefore, irreplaceable) and ended up dangerously close to the end of the spool.
I used different colour threads on each stripe which made the back look great and really blended in nicely on the front. I have never done this before but will certainly be trying it again.
Linking up with TGIFF