Monday 26 January 2015

Stitch Gathering Jelly Roll Quilt

I've picked up my eternal WIP, the Stitch Gathering Jelly Roll quilt again recently with a view to getting it DONE!

I'm going to gift it to a friend when she gets married later on this year.  







My normal approach is to cut a bit, sew a bit.  I don't think it's particularly efficient however, so decided to take a more assembly line approach to this quilt.  I thought it might help me to make progress quickly, even if there wasn't instant gratification.


I did my best, but I have to admit I did give up on the cutting after slicing up the width of fabric strips.  They were tricky customers and I was bored of just cutting - I wanted to see a finished row!


And progress has indeed been forthcoming.  In the last week, I've completed two and a half rows of the 8 needed for this quilt.  Compared to my August 2013 to September 2014 progress (1 row), I think that's pretty good!

I feel like the skills I've developed over the last year will make this a better quilt though so maybe I was right to wait.  I just can't wait to see it finished now!

1 comment:

  1. That's looking really good, I love your comment "it might help me to make progress quickly, even if there wasn't instant gratification" it really was funny - I feel like that sometimes!
    You look like you have lovely machine ... glad to see you are settling in x al

    ReplyDelete