Thursday 24 July 2014

Buzz Buzz - 5

Block done and post ready - all in the correct month this time!

Here's my July block for Claire E Poppins:


It was featured in issue 6 of Love Patchwork and Quilting.  It includes corner blocks involving sewing triangles to square pieces to create a square within a square.

After a LOT of head scratching as to how to ensure all my points matched up to create perfect squares within squares, I finally realised that it was easier if I ironed them in half to ascertain the halfway point of both the triangles and the square.



This probably isn't news to most of you, but I was mighty please with myself when I stumbled across that solution!


Now received!  Enjoy what is shaping up to be a gorgeous quilt Ms. Poppins.


A-Note-To-Follow-Sew  Linking  up with Kelly at Needle and Thread Thursday



5 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? I never heard of that trick. Thanks for showing what you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of that trick either. Very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Jenny! Her quilt is going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely block. Thanks for that great tip....I haven't heard of it either...you are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tip! Wish I'd known about it when writing my tutorial for you all.

    ReplyDelete